The processing of your data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the Alumni Relations Team. This privacy statement outlines what this means in practice and explains how the ECBM collects, stores, manages and protects your data.
The data we hold
If you are a student/graduate, most of the data we hold would have been transferred from your student record. This includes:
- Your name, title, gender and date of birth
- Your home or parental address, email address and telephone numbers
- Course details, academic department and programme of study
- Start, end and graduation dates
- Scholarship, other funding information.
Some of the personal data we hold about you has been provided by you during interactions with ECBM, for example website activity, face to face meetings, event registrations, volunteering activity or making a donation, namely:
- Updates to your contact details. Address, email and phone
- Records of verbal or email conversations/meetings, including personal and philanthropic interests
- Your relationships with other University of ECBM alumni, staff, donors and friends
- Information about your engagement in ECBM meetings, events, groups or networks
- A record of the communications we have sent to you and any responses to such communications
- Your contact preferences.
The ECBM may also hold personal data relating to your professional activity to help us send you relevant content regarding careers, professional interest networks and volunteering activity. This data may have been provided by you, or it may have been obtained from social media (LinkedIn, Facebook) or publically available sources (Companies House and other business-related resources), namely:
- Your current job title, employer and work email addresses
- Previous role(s) and job title
- Your income band
What we use your information for
Unless you have requested otherwise, the information you provide is used by the University and its alumni associations to communicate with you for its alumni engagement and fundraising purposes. These may include:
- Providing you with the services and information you asked for
- The promotion of benefits and services available to alumni
- The promotion of ECBM alumni events and reunions
- Distribution of University mailings (e.g. Alumni magazines, newsletters, annual reports)
- Eliciting non-financial support (e.g. careers advice to students, help with student recruitment).
How long is personal data held by ECBM?
The ECBM Team considers its relationship with alumni, donors and other stakeholders to be life-long, giving you access to selected University services and a vast support network. This means that we will maintain a stakeholder record for you until such time as you notify us that you longer wish us to keep in touch. In this instance the ECBM will delete the majority of your personal data it holds, but will maintain basic personal data to ensure we do not inadvertently create a new record in the future.
Your right to make changes or ask us to stop using your data
You are in control of your data have the right to opt-out of all or specific communications types at any point. To change your preferences, please contact us via: email@example.com.
You also have the right to request copies of the data held about you, to do so please submit an e-mail enquiry.
If you have a concern about how your data is being handled
You can contact the ECBM at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Statement
In the interested of being transparent we may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Any significant changes to this Policy or to the way we treat your data will be communicated via the University website.
If you have any questions which you feel have not been answered by this Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact to email or write to:
European College of Business and Management
69-71 Great Eastern Street
London EC2A 3HU
This service is operated under contract by Aluminati Network Group Ltd. (Aluminati) acting under instruction as our Data Processor under the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2018. Aluminati will process personal data strictly for the purposes of operating this service.
Aluminati is registered with the Information Commissioner under membership number Z8393842.